Alright, so yesterday we went down to get the new MLP comic (beautifully written and drawn by the way. I highly recommend it.) and we were looking at the other running comics while we were there. I had planned on getting "Fearless Defenders #1" but we couldn't find it. Then we saw the new Captain America comics and they had the back issues. We somehow ended up buying all three.That was a bad idea.
Things that stood out to me while we read them:
1. Melodramatic narration
2. They mention awesome things they did but decide not to actually show them.
3. Captain America had an abusive father and was bullied constantly as a kid. Someone who knows more about comics than I do, is this part of his usual origin story?? (Also, this was spread over the three issues with no end in sight. We get it, he was abused, it's horrible, so stop showing it to us all the time and breaking up the story.)
4. And then suddenly, post-apocalyptic world and he has a child that he's caring for.
5. The artist cannot draw kids. At all. It's creepy.
6. The coloring is often inconsistent.
7.The writer actually wrote the words "spider-wolves" and "giant red ants with soft human faces" and thought they were good monster names. But again, we don't actually get to SEE either of them.
8. We basically wrote an AT4W episode while reading these things.
9. Never again.